Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Heart on a shelf





....anyway, so the girl found her way to Germany, and got herself translated, and a new dress:









The small matter of the tatt:




She don't call, she don't write, and I haven't yet been sent an author copy, so I have to find out what my girl is doing from the net.

She's as sweet as sugar on top, but several readers have undressed her and found that under that pretty dust jacket are tea stains from two cups, (see - readers undress books just as mothers undress their baby first chance they get after birth to get a proper look). Nice!

(And thanks to a blogger whose link I can't find again for the pictures here at the side.)


























And so to my dear readers:


It's gratifying that so many of you have taken my girl to your hearts.

Thanks to the vagaries of Google Translate, I have been able to read early responses to this translation. It makes me realise how lucky I am to have appreciative readers - and I mean by this of all my books in the many languages they've been translated into.

One of my favourite reader's comment from this latest edition (and there are many quotable comments) is this one from Butterblume89:

 She says, "A book which is my new heart on a shelf ..." (thanks again, Google translate, it's beautiful)


Note that she says: my new heart. She will find new book loves, but this is hers, for now. We readers are constantly falling in love - I'm happy that my girl is yours at the moment, butterblume.




















6 comments:

  1. Oh what a discovery. I loved this book, too (as you know, Jo) (banana cake post) To see it in hardback as well and such a completely different cover in every way from the funky Oz one. I hope you receive your gratis copy very soon. One needs to stroke the cover of beloved books. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Jen. And you are so right - I need a bit of book stroking!

      Delete
  2. Oh la, she is so beautiful. Love the tatt, and the pink. Congratulations Jo! I'm so glad the world has taken her to their hearts, old and new. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate - and I've worked out the number of your big birthday - don't years fly!

      Delete
  3. Love that cover to bits. Also that book.

    ReplyDelete